[C320-list] Adjusting Steering cable tension

Ken Danko 320kend at att.net
Tue May 22 10:55:53 PDT 2012

Also worth mentioning, check the attachment to the quadrant. If the
cable running on the starboard side of the quadrant also attaches to the
starboard side of the quadrant it may run over a sharp edge that will
eventually cut the cable. In other words, the cables should attach to
the opposite side of the quadrant from the side they run along. We know
that some Catalina quadrants were not cabled correctly which, in my
case, let to a catastrophic steering failure in 30 knot winds. Photos of
the broken cable are on the C320 web site so you can see where the cut
is likely to happen.

Ken Danko
802, Grace