[C320-list] Shorten Upper spreaders for 155% genoa trim?

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue May 29 07:26:37 PDT 2012

Agree-Work on the sail and before that play with halyard tension to move the
draft around.

The sailmaker would have to know about the spreader change to tweek to the
foresail design.  Shortening would also change mast geometry affecting
spreaders would also probably require some real engineering modifying the
attachment design at the mast and new spreader tips.  There is taper on
these things.  I have a half empty glass on this.

Bob Sloat
S/V Savannah 894 (2002)