[C320-list] Battery Charger Mystery

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Thu May 31 13:46:27 PDT 2012

Hi Dave,

I am a former 320 owner and I'm willing to bet it was the vented loop. The
little joker valve in the top of the vented loop must be cleaned on a
regular basis as salt crystals will naturally form and cause it to fail.
Many owners neglect these, but it's important to check. I believe there was
a Mainsheet article on cleaning this out a few years ago.
The Charles chargers are actually pretty good chargers and should not be
confused with the junk Pro Mariner Flybacks that many (including me) swapped
out for the Xantrex the Dick mentions. I have the Charles on my 355 and I'm
quite happy with it...

BTW, what is the depth in Cohasset? We've always been leary to enter because
it looks awful shallow in there...

Good luck...

Regards,

Jon Vez