[C320-list] Radome pole mount

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Thu Nov 1 14:34:52 PDT 2012

I have a Furuno 24" radome mounted on our 320.  I purchased
the Gauhaur 8 foot tall several years ago when I bought the
Furuno chart plotter radar system.   I purchased the Gauhaur
with the  2 1/2" dia stainless pole option. It has a
substantial platform for bolting and securing the radome.
Gauhaur will ask for the make/model of radar unit you are
installing and they will have the correct mount welded onto
the tube tower.  There is a protective surround that
protects the Radome and I mounted my Furuno GPS antenna to
that.  The fit and fins of this system is excellent.  It is
sound and stiff.  Will take a lot of rocking and heavy
weather with no deflection.  The mounting flange that bolts
to the deck is substantial.

My unit is mounted onto the second step of the stern deck
and there is a second arm that is attached to the pole and
that mounts to the starboard safety rail.  When this is
completed it feels like a rock. The cables are routed
through the inside of the tube and then routed up through
the vent intake cover.  All works very nicely and the
overall aesthetics are excellent.

Radar image is very good.  At the end of the season when the
mast is removed I do not have to deal with removing the
radar cabling. It simply stays on the boat and the boat
cover has a provision for the vertical stainless column.  I
ma very pleased with this system.

for Reference

http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=42

Jeffrey Kapec