[C320-list] Fuel Tank Leak

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Sun Nov 18 11:47:45 PST 2012

Jon,
Could you address a few questions surrounding your tank replacement? What is
your hull number, boat model year and the year you replaced your tank?  Did
you determine the root cause for the tank needing to be replaced (for
example, boating environment -salt or fresh water), or was the replacement
necessary  due to tank damage (exterior chaffing, inferior or poor tank
quality such as weak welds)? Just curious since some of us have some older
models and may learn what to look for or avoid. Also curious if anyone is
aware if Catalina ever addressed weeping fuel tanks as a preventative
maintenance issue or a  manufacturing problem for the 320, or any other
models? Could a fuel tank leakage problem represent more than a random issue
if there are other owners out there who also experienced fuel tank leakage
problems....?
Thanks.
Rick
My-Ria Hull #277 1995 C320