[C320-list] Fuel Tank Leak

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 04:23:37 PST 2012

Bruce,

Glad to hear you managed to get around that shelf. I have a feeling that aft cabin hatch is made to remove the tank, because it definitely won't fit through the aft Lazarette--that's where my profanity laden diatribe came when I attempted this project!
A new sender came with the new tank, so I saved the old one as a spare. If you have someone that is capable of repairing the leak then that is certainly an option. As I mentioned, the new thank is made of a thicker guage aluminum, but that is the only difference. I believe I paid about $450 including shipping for my new one.
When you put it back in, make sure those rubber chafe protectors are properly placed. Mine were attached with duct tape. I was going to put a neoprene pad under the new one, but I didn't bother because you need to make sure air circulates under the tank so there is no chance of condensation creating corrosion etc.