[C320-list] Fuel Tank Leak

Ken Danko 320kend at att.net
Mon Nov 19 08:11:53 PST 2012

I replaced my tank two years ago. The leak was on a seam. From what I
have read, plastic tanks have a longer life but I couldn't find a
plastic replacement that would fit in the same space. I discovered the
leak when the bilge was suddenly full of fuel. The cleanup was a very
big and messy job which suggests that doing something preemptive, either
replacement or coating with epoxy, makes sense.

BTW, it took me months to get a replacement tank from Catalina. It might
be faster to go directly to the tank manufacturer.

Ken