[C320-list] Trickle Charger

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Tue Nov 20 12:19:58 PST 2012

Need more info to be able to help you Joe....
Are you planning on taking the batteries home or leave on the boat?
Will you have access to the batteries periodically?
Are the batteries Lead Acid, AGM, or Gel cells?

My limited experience indicates that 3 copies of a low output trickle
charger would cost you less than a 3-bank charger. And of course,
anything designed for the marine environment (ie. humid, salt) will
cost you even more.

What I used to do when I lived "up north" was to take the batteries
home, store in my basement, and charge them once per month for about
24 hrs. I am leery of leaving anything hooked up for unattended
constant charging. Of course, that was a Catalina 22 with a single
Group 24 battery, so it was much easier to move around!!!

Karl