[C320-list] Water below engine pan

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 24 07:34:22 PST 2012

test e-mail

________________________________
From: Warren Updike <wupdike at hotmail.com>
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Sent: Sat, November 24, 2012 8:09:14 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Water below engine pan

Boy, has this been a pain for me with the original (old) bilge design.  I
won't go into detail.  Suffice it to say that various water leaks have found
way to the holding tank area by way of the hull-liner area.

I finally decided to install an inspection port and am considering where to
locate it.  I don't think the area Jeff is considering is sufficiently large
enough.  I bought a 4" flush inspection port, large enough so I can get my
hand in (why I want to put my hand in I haven't yet figured out.)  The
smallest port I've found is 3".
Right now, my preferred location is in the galley deck under the ladder.
I'm concerned about drilling into the hoses that run under there although
they seem to run to port from the bilge to pass to port of the shaft alley.

I'd love to hear from others who may have installed such an inspection port.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"