[C320-list] Stuck/Sticky Throttle Problem

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 13:06:16 PDT 2012

Jeff,
Had this exact same problem last year. Fix the same-lots of Boshield while moving the lever by hand. Mine was from when I drained the antifreeze and replaced it without being too careful about a few drops here and there. I think if just a little water gets on the throttle shaft it works it's way into the block. I now lubricate the mechanism at least at the beginning and end of the season. I have been told never to try to remove the shaft to lubricate it by a competent diesel mechanic-I didn't ask why.

Jim Brown