[C320-list] Rebed Chainplates

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:34:29 PDT 2012

Irv, if you are seeing water around the base of the chain plates in the
cabin, or dark stains on the ss or cabin liner, it's likely time to rebed.
Remove the deck plate and inside ss rod, and push out the chain plate and
bedding material.  You may need to exercise the chain plate to free it from
the bedding.  Be sure to check the opening once clean to be sure it is solid
resin and no exposed deck core.  I suspect that on #851 Catalina got around
to making the deck solid where all the rigging is attached.  If you have an
opening between the deck and inner lining, give me a call, we can talk about
it 410-821-8246.

BTW, I did it myself.  Definitely a DIY, especially if retired.  Expensive
to have it done right.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"