[C320-list] main halyard replacement and double main sheet control

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 12:59:36 PDT 2012

My boat (978) was has no jam cleat with a safety loop on the port side for the and was commissioned with only starboard control of the the mainsail. The clutches on the port are traveler, spare halyard, jib halyard, vang. On the starboard they are travler, main halyard, reefing line, and topping lift. The mainsheet is attached to a large pad eye just to the port of the mast and it would see that that would make a double main system impossible. Was the double main used only on certain model years. Just curious-I'm fine with using the starboard winch only.

Jim Brown