[C320-list] VBirth Hatch

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Sep 17 15:22:22 PDT 2012

Michael,

Replacing the hatch is a pretty simple thing.  I suspect (but don't know for
sure) that you have a Bomar hatch.  If you get the model numbers, you can
usually find a replacement online.  Be sure to get a roll of Bomar hatch
tape.  It's a closed cell sticky backed foam tape that you stick to the
hatch rim instead of using bedding compound.   I got mine from Defender.  I
rebedded our front hatch (including removing the old factory putty gunk) in
under an hour and haven't had a drip since.

Don't be afraid of that job, it's easy.

-Jeff