[C320-list] Rubbing strip replacement

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 02:33:53 PDT 2013

Hi All,

A previous owner of our Cat320 was a bit heavy handed docking and managed to deform the aluminium rubbing strip. He purchased a new one but we have never got around to fitting it.

Does anyone know what is involved? Can it all be done externally or is it necessary to get to the interior of the hull to secure nuts or bolt-heads? I'm hoping it will be just a matter of removing the rubber strip where I will find screw heads or nuts attached to captive bolts so the strip can be easily fitted from the outside.

I am guessing that this would then be easiest done from a dock alongside.

Thanks for any info.

Graeme Clark
Hull #303, Mylor, England