[C320-list] Hoses going through the wall

amshd2 at aol.com amshd2 at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 19:56:19 PDT 2013

Jeff

 I have a 94 with the Perkins.  The two hoses that you are talking about run to the hot water heater.  They are part of the closed loop cooling system.  They are most likely OE and it is time to replace them,

They are used to heat the hot water tank when the engine is running and help cool the engine as well.

Not hard to replace.  You need to take the wood compartment out under the range and remove the cabinet under the sink and the hot water heater.  Be sure the power is off for the heater.

Feed the new hose in from the engine side and catch it from under the stove and feed it over to the compartment under the sink,

While I had it all out I took teh hot water heater out and flushed it out dock side.

Tony