[C320-list] Engine bilge tube

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Wed Apr 17 08:22:52 PDT 2013

As Lou mentioned, that should just open up into the bilge space below the engine pan.  You're probably hitting an obstruction like a support for the engine pan or a hull rib..

Now if you drill that hole larger, the right thing to do would be to feed a piece of PEX hose from here directly to the bilge and seal around it..  Having water drain into this area of the bilge is a problem b/c it doesn't all drain into the bilge section where it can be pumped out.  Once you get water in there it takes a long time to dry that out.

I wish the factory would have done this.

Jeff