[C320-list] Batteries Southern California

Jeff Brown oceanblues at mac.com
Mon Apr 22 08:37:57 PDT 2013

I also need to replace my batteries, from the previous owners maintenance log the current ones were installed in 2006, and they seem to be on their way out.  They do hold plenty of charge for our day use, but we're expecting several weekend trips this summer to Catalina.  Any suggestions where to buy in Southern California, the closest replacement for the ones we have on the West Marine website are $699 each (AGM 12V Battery, Group 4D, 198 Ah, 1420 MCA, 385 Res. Min., 20.75"L x 8.5"W x 10"H, 129lb)  and I need two of them.  Is this competitive or are their better deals out there, I was not prepared for such sticker shock, was guessing about $300 each.  Or perhaps the ones I found are more than what we need.  The ones we currently have is SeaVolt Model 1196740 Group 4D, 160 Ah, 1235 MCA, 290 Res.  They don't seem to have anything closer, the next lowest model is too small.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Brown
"Out of the blue" Dana Point, CA
Hull 78