[C320-list] Water System 1996 #361

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:02:15 PDT 2013

Related to the water tank valve location issue: what do people normally do
regarding disinfecting/cleaning water tanks?  The former owner of Satori
(#398) would hit them with bleach each year, quantity unknown.  First mate
fears residual chlorox odors and taste and we're water limited on our
island and so I don't know how much flushing should go on, how full a
"bleached" tank needs to be to do the job, etc.  Opinions, practices,
necessities?

thanks,
gene
Satori, #398, 1997

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"You noticed nobody gives a damn about beached minnows."