[C320-list] Water System 1996 #361

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Tue Apr 23 18:16:47 PDT 2013

Following are 2 different strategies from my archives.  A third method is on
page 29 of the C320 Owner’s Manual.  Pick your poison

1.            Shock Treatment – Add 8 ounces bleach to every 10 gallons of
water.  Open all faucets and keep them open until water exiting smells like
bleach.  Turn faucets off but leave pump on and the system pressurized.
Leave for 8-24 hours then flush tanks at least twice.  Drinking Water – ½
teaspoon of bleach for every 5 gallons of water.

2.            (From Jon Vez)  The product is Puriclean. It is non-toxic and
biodegradable. It comes in powder form in the freshwater kit. You simply
dissolve the specified amount in a cup of hot water and pour into your
tanks, fill them and wait 1-12 hours. I do this once in the spring and if I
haven't used my water in a while, will put a teaspoon in once or twice
during the season. Many places sell it and I'm sure there are competing
products, but I've attached a link so you can see the product....

http://www.marisafe.com/Store/viewItem.asp?ID=453550010
<http://www.marisafe.com/Store/viewItem.asp?ID=453550010&CID=45350000&FLT=45
3550010> &CID=45350000&FLT=453550010