[C320-list] Windless switch and battery drain

Mike Paris mparis495 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:17:13 PDT 2013

I've been searching for a slow drain on my electrical system. With the battery switch set to "off" and the windless breaker "off", a multimeter on the two terminals of the windless switch (the on/off next to the windless) shows a draw of 4.5a. With the windless breaker pushed "on" it shows 12.5a. The windless breaker will not push on with the battery switch on "off." Is this a bad battery switch and a bad windless breaker?

Also, the Catalina plan in my manual shows the common from the engine going to the common on the battery selector switch. On mine, it goes to the distribution panel breaker and there is a short spur from the breaker to the battery switch common. Is this a problem?

Thanks,
Mike P