[C320-list] Line size query

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Aug 5 15:47:16 PDT 2013

Hey Chris,

I ordered a 50 yard coil of Jinkai 700lb test monofilament leader from TackleDirect.com for about $25 a few years ago.  Worked perfectly and still going strong.

Enough for several more line changes and is UV stable and very smooth so I suspect it is easier on the disks than round weed whacker line.

As a tip,   the wear points are typically right at the top near where the blocks are.  If you leave an extra few feet of length, it'll coil up and fit in the zippered pockets on the foot of the sail.  When it's starting to wear at the blocks, just cut it and pull a few inches of clean line up and tie new knots inside the black blocks.  Also, take a small piece of tape and tape over the nuts on the black blocks.  Then you can remove and re-install the screws without needing to worry about the nuts falling into the drink.  Take the tape off when you're done.  I also tape over the nuts for the disk that is on the zippered pockets so that I can loosen the screws when adjusting them and not worry about losing the nuts if I back the screw out too much.

Jeff