[C320-list] All's quiet

clburti at gmail.com clburti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 19:11:19 PDT 2013

I did something similar. I made a nice little box using  3/4” x 4” fir for the  sides, with the width trimmed so that the 1/2” marine plywood top was flush with the lazarette seat tops when the platform was sitting on the ledges molded into the cockpit for the factory seat. It was pretty much a replacement for the factory seat without the back rest. I painted it with white gloss marine paint. I mounted the catches from the OEM seat (which is a garage queen like others who have posted) to hold it in place with the existing buckle straps and bolted an aluminum swivel base to the top. Adding a post and plastic folding bass boat seat made a pretty nice perch with good visibility for motoring. It was an easy and fun project, but since we don’t do a lot of motoring (273 hours on a 2001 C-320) and it took up a fair amount of space in the port locker where it lived when not in use, it found a home with another C-320 owner.

Fair Winds
Chris Burti
Commitment
Catalina 320, #867