[C320-list] Cracked forestay stem head fitting

Rick From Inflate Co rick at inflateco.com
Fri Aug 30 09:19:50 PDT 2013

I will be taking her out Saturday . Last week I was in gale force conditions and main ripped in half. Today my new Ullman Sails are done and installed. The surveyor told me to walk to bow and check for movement whilst under sail and on a run and if movement , fix promptly. I lost a head stay on my old 32 Ericsson 30 miles out to sea before so I am very careful to not have THAT happen again, man that is one big BANG you don't want to hear when sailing :)

I will keep everyone posted . My rigger said he can pull it off, have welded and replaced , just a bit of a hit on the bill !

Just replaced all my lines, halyards, cushions, dodger , the like this week so I kinda spent a bit, but the forestay would've come first had I known sooner . Oh well , par for the course , us crazy sailors.

By the way, since I own a banner and tent factory, I made a boat flag for myself with my boat name and art.  If anyone wants one, contact me thru my office .

Thank you and please excuse any grammatical and/or  typographical  as sent from iPhone.

Rick Portanova | President | CEO
INFLATE CO, INC.
www.InflateCo.com
949-340-0104 Office