[C320-list] Waste Tank Question

Simon Rock simonrock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:46:26 PST 2013

Hi Bruce,

I think tank monitors are standard on Catalina's now. The last three boats I
bought (320/375) have all come with tank monitors. But they could have been
installed by the Australian distributor. I have my monitor on the instrument
panel, I flick a switch and it tells me how much is in each. Much easier and
quicker than removing cushions, pieces of board and doing a visual
inspection/tapping the side.

I would have thought that if you can smell your waste tank as full - it
really overtime to empty it. You don’t want it overflowing....

I have never pumped my tanks, I just head offshore, and open the gravity
drain  and feed the fish.

Cheers

Simon Rock
Lake Macquarie NSW Australia