[C320-list] Can I get a continuous 60' to 75' long 30A shore power cord for my C320?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:04:11 PST 2013

Dave, I'm not an electrician; but, for my own interest I used the calculator
at http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm to determine that for 75' with
no more than a 3% voltage drop you will need 8AWG gage wire. However, given
all that is involved, I'd suggest you consult an electrician for a design
that will fit your needs.

How about running a permanent feed from the source to a weatherproof outlet
at the dock by your boat? Then just plug in a short cable from there to your
boat. The idea of a loose power cable running that distance along the dock
doesn't seem to sit well.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"