[C320-list] regarding "crib boards"

Nat Antler nantler at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 4 20:25:19 PST 2013

FYI: I just took my boards home after securing the hatch with an old piece of plywood and completely removed the original heavy stain/varnish with remover. Then sanded thoroughly to reveal some nice natural teak. I considered Cetol, but decided to oil them with West Marine teak oil. They look fantastic. I'll have to refresh them occasionally, but since they are protected somewhat by the dodger I'm hoping it won't be a problem. It will be easy to keep them oiled up and if I want to Cetol them at some point it won't require removing an existing finish. Anyone try a similar approach?

Nat,
1995 320 "Natiki"
San Diego