[C320-list] Seaward Products now Whale Seaward, Inc.

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 07:11:48 PST 2013

Given the long association between Seaward and Catalina, I thought this
would be of interest to all.  Last October, Whale Pumps acquired Seaward
Products and will continue most operations as Seaward by Whale.
www.whalepumps.com/marine/seaward.aspx

Here are the changes as described by Whale's National Sales Manager:
   0 "Our customers will still be able to speak directly with our Tech
support on our new products that are still within the warrantee range and we
will be available for questions concerning our stoves, ranges and Cooktops."
   0 "We will also help provide the correct part numbers or suggest
alternatives for the older models so that our customers can order the
correct items from our new Authorized Service Center."
   0 Service and parts will be handled by our Authorized Service Center,
Sure Marine Service www.suremarineservice.com Seattle, WA, tel:(206)784-9903
fax:(206)784-0506 (800)562-7797

In other words, New Stuff, go to Whale; Old Stuff, go to Sure Marine.

Now what about electric panels and gauges?  Seems Whale has dumped that part
of the business.  Those of us who have enjoyed the service provided
previously by Dennis Irarashi in Whittier, CA, take note: Dennis has started
his own business and will be handling all the service requirements for
electric panels and gauges directly.  That's all I know at this point.
Dennis' address is: digarashi at earthlink.net

More to come when I learn it.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"