[C320-list] Outhaul with Mainsail Change

DennyBrowne@Verizon.net dennybrowne at verizon.net
Sat Feb 2 14:47:50 PST 2013

My first one was like a sail tie but made out of spectra thread, with Velcro most of both sides. This strap went through the clew and around the boom twice, and slid fore and aft pretty easily as pulled by the outhaul. More easily than the slug, which distributes the load over a much smaller friction point.  On a Nelson Marek 68, that I was once privileged to experience, this strap was about 6" wide. But, he had a 100' mast!

Denny Browne
310.408.9591

Sent from handheld, sorry for typos, grammar, etc...