[C320-list] Crib board dimensions

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Sun Feb 3 13:38:51 PST 2013

Brian,
What model year and hull number is your boat?
The reason I ask is because a few months ago I discovered that the hatch
boards in same model year could vary  because of some year changes and
production practices. I checked with Catalina about new hatch boards and was
reminded to measure twice before sending in each hatch board's dimensions. I
nearly purchased some original teak hatch boards from a later model 320
owner and discovered his hatch board dimensions varied by as much as 3/4 of
an inch, and were not as wide as mine.

I am following this thread considering that I may find a way to make my own
replacement hatch boards. Even considered going with a poly board
manufactured by a regional supplier and they wanted to  have my  boards for
an exact copy to use before doing the work because they also emphasized that
hatch boards  can vary among boats of the same model ...
Thanks.
Rick
My-Ria 1995 320 #277