[C320-list] refinishing companionway stairs

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 05:50:27 PST 2013

Don't know if others have had this problem but when I sanded my steps for refinishing I went through the original finish (or very thin layer of veneer I'm not sure which) in a couple of places with pretty light sanding. When I varnished them the looked like they had measles-all blotchy and darker in places. I had to remove all the old finish at that point and re varnish them. Made an easy project into a real project. They, in the end, look great but just be careful with the initial sanding.

Jim Brown