[C320-list] new mainsail and genoa

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 14:40:43 PST 2013

JJ-As with most boat investments, you generally like it after considering
the cost.  I got a 155 for here in southern Lake Michigan.  Objectively, it
is much easier to adjust and it has some foam to keep fairly reasonable
shape when furling.  You really notice cause and effect when making
adjustments and I added a backstay adjuster (Garhauer stuff) for head sail
sag adjustment.  It does add speed as most new well designed sails do and is
very cool looking.  I stayed with the original single line furling system.

The sailmaker recommended a high performance Dacron loose footed main on the
basis that something in the tape drive class might not last very long with
much main luffing in fairly high winds.

Bob Sloat