[C320-list] what size/type chain & anchor

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:46:40 PST 2013

The whole purpose of this group is to share knowledge and experience
related to our model boat. No apologies necessary for basic questions.
In fact such questions often generate excellent discussions.

I'll admit that teak finishing, anchors and caulking discussions border
on religious dogma, but this is a fairly collegial group and the debate
always remains congenial.

Another tip is the search the archives first as they will often provide
a lot of information that can help refine your questions.

That said, I've had good success with a Danforth in mud and sand, but
I've had a lot of experience. Sam Clemmons said good judgment comes
from experience, most of which comes from bad judgment. The
effectiveness of the Danforth drops off pretty fast in grass or rocks.

I decided on the Delta because, with limitations, it works pretty well
in these waters and held a Cal-27, T/2 through the wind swings of a
Cat-3 hurricane.

Without commenting on the effectiveness of any pau anchors, there was a
lot of controversy on another list some time ago when a company
principal was responding to questions like this without disclosing his
interest or obvious bias. Therefore, you need to take what you read
with a grain of salt. Even independent testing organizations have an
institutional bias and may not test the latest products of a particular
manufacturer.

Thanks, Chris Burti From: Bruce Hunter