[C320-list] Installing Primary Winches

millers1 at aol.com millers1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 6 09:24:46 PST 2013

I raised this topic once before and have checked the topic logs for information,
but would welcome some discussion/guidance again.
I would like to install a 2nd set of cockpit winches that can be operated while at the wheel.
I single hand  up the coast a  lot and in heavy  weather I prefer to control the wheel and the
rate of tack and not rely just on the auto-pilot.
The factory turning blocks look far enough aft to accommodate the 2nd set of winches (??)
The required backing needed for the winches????
Specifics or photos of such installation would be welcome.
Also, any leads on some 2-speed winches (like Lewmar 43 to 45?) for sale is a help.

Thanks,       Art        Liberty   #680