[C320-list] Boat Insurance

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 4 15:47:52 PST 2013

Irv,

I put a summary of member insurance costs for several locations a few
years ago...
http://www.catalina320.com/filemgmt/index.php?id=24

It could stand updating and things will only get worse when the
industry adjusts rates to recapture Sandy losses.
 If members want to reply back to the list, I will collect responses.

For us, we have Silver Lining insured for 69000 and pay $412.
This is a Boat US policy especially for USCGAUX members and covers
inland waters and sounds only (NC)
We buy a rider when we go out into the ocean at a cost of $25 for 14
days coverage.
Our deductible is $690 but that increases to 5% for a named storm.

Folks around here have had good rate quotes from Allstate and Nationwide.
Markel also has an attractive policy for USCGAUX members and several
folks around here have joined the Power Squadron just to get their
discounted insurance.

Karl