[C320-list] New skipper seeks advice on battery issues

Dennis Harris dharris02 at suddenlink.net
Thu Jan 10 05:41:44 PST 2013

Just asking.....has anyone really rebedded all hardware deck
penetrations....all of them: pulpit, push pit, all stanchions, shroud/stay
chain plates where they go through deck, anchor roller, winches, cleats,
traveler system, all opening and fixed hatches/ports, vent tube fittings,
handrails, genoa tracks, standing blocks, etc.  I see these recommendations
or similar often wherein every 5-10 yrs. (you pick the number) everything is
supposed to be remounted, and shrouds/stays replaced at 10+ years.  In
actuality, I have never seen this done on relatively new boats (<20 yrs.).
And when I do see occasional attempts on much older boats, I can't help but
feel sorry for the poor guy attempting this, often the job drags out for
months, or in some cases, never gets completed because the guy gets
discouraged and abandons the project.  Now, fixing a known leak or something
that is broken is another matter.