[C320-list] Burgee halyard

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 07:40:27 PST 2013

David - I also have burgee halyards port and starboard, each with a strap attached by use of two small self tapping screws.  I would think a through bolt which passes through both the top and bottom spreader surfaces could cause much more structural weakness than the small screw.  I use one of my halyards to hang my radar reflector (Davis echo master) which in high winds generates a decent load on the halyard and have not had any issues.  Alan Hull 67 Holland MI