[C320-list] Heart-Miller Island Cut

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 12:44:29 PDT 2013

Slipping on nearby Middle River, we know the H-M cut well.  In the past there was a lot of shoaling.  A few years ago, the state reinforced the perimeter of Pleasure Is. with stone to reduce the problem of storms, tides, and currents washing silt into the cut. Since then there has been no trouble for a wing keel 320. We use it often.  You should find no less than 6 ft. at low tide and for most of its length will be 8 to 9.  The one low area you'll find is around Red #4. Still, check your chart and keep an eye on depth when transiting.
Boats with 6 ft. keels should avoid the cut at low tide.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"