[C320-list] Heart-Miller Island Cut

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Wed Jul 3 16:08:11 PDT 2013

I was talking about the North channel into Kent Narrows when I made that
comment, not Hart-Miller cut. Looking at the latest (May 2013) edition
of the relevant chart you can see that the "temporary" buoy (G "3") on
the north channel is shown OUTSIDE the former dredged channel and fixed
markers. The old G "3" is the new R "4" and its former partner (the old
R "4" across the old channel) is now listed as W "A." The controlling
depth is listed as 3 feet in the channel as of May 2012. I sure hope
they dredge it soon as it is a very long sail around Kent Island to
reach St. Michaels or the Wye River from points north otherwise.

See http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12272.shtml for the online
chart with details of Kent Narrows. You need to zoom in to the top part
of the inset in the lower right corner to see the buoy in question.

BTW, the latest chart (dated Oct 2012) of the Hart-Miller Cut reports
7.5 feet as of 2010.  See
http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12278.shtml.