[C320-list] Shift linkage failure

Gary Malcolmson gary at dupreeinc.com
Tue Jul 9 09:30:04 PDT 2013

Doug,

Here's one easy thing to check; if you're lucky this would be the easy
thing to fix.  See page 5 item # 9 and page 6 bottom right illustration
of the Edson Installation Instructions.  There is a clamp that holds the
cables to the pedestal tube; if that clamp lost it's fastener you'd
experience what you describe.  And most likely your throttle control
would be lost also.  Should be easy to check--if the nut is on the
outside of the pedestal and is tight, then that's not the problem.

Good Luck--let us know what you find.

Gary
C310