[C320-list] Shift linkage failure

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 10 10:17:23 PDT 2013

I had to do this on Luffin Life when  I was in the process of buying her. The yard charged $1000 to do the work!!!!! The simplest way to do this is to remove the binnacle post undoing the 4 bolts that attach it to the cockpit deck. I helped a guy do this on a Cat 30 and it took us about a day. The $1000 yard took apart all of the steering sprocket and chain which is not required. Whilst U have it apart I would suggest replacing the throttle cable as well I think they run around $40. The most difficult part of the job is getting the cables into the nylon keeper inside the binnacle post. The keeper keeps the cables away from the steering mechanisim.
Good luck
Cheers
JohnM