[C320-list] Lightening

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 07:15:02 PDT 2013

I've done some small reading about lightening and lightening protection.
It's a very controversial subject, even to the point of whether onboard
protection really offers any protection.

Perhaps, in the event of a direct strike there may be no "safe" place
onboard; but, I agree with Art's recommendation. Even boats not directly hit
can lose their electronics as a result the EMP from a nearby strike.

For more information read about the "cone of protection" around a sailboat.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"