[C320-list] Pelican hook repair / replacement

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sun Jun 2 13:44:34 PDT 2013

I thought I would follow up with my solution to the problem. The OEM
pelican hooks are indeed made by Hayn, and are the 4 inch model. I had a
very helpful call with their customer support, who helped me identify
the required repair kit, and referred me to Bacon's in Annapolis MD as
my local dealer for purchase. Bacon's was able to order the required
repair kit from Hayn. Costs only a few $$ -- much cheaper than
purchasing a replacement for the entire hook. The kit consists of the
pin, the internal spring, and the split ring that keeps it all from
falling apart. I ended up purchasing a spare repair kit for next time.
Apologies for not posting the Hayn part number. I'm afraid I can't find
that scrap of paper.

Scott