[C320-list] Engine to Water Heater Hose Length

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 2 12:30:45 PDT 2013

I have replaced all the hoses on our 19 yr old Perkins engine except for the
water heater hoses.  At 19 years, they were hard and stiff.  Having the WH
out is a good time to make such a change.  Your hoses are run differently
than mine due to the difference in boat vintage.
My thought was to use a union to join the old and new hose and pull the new
hose in as the old hose is pulled out. The hoses should be taped over the
union to minimize chance of being pulled apart.  Don't precut the hose.
Wait until you have it pulled through before cutting to the length
necessary.
Another approach would be to attach a messenger and remove the old hose
using the messenger to pull the new hose.  I think I prefer the former
approach over the latter.
If anyone has done this please share how it was done with any
recommendations.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"