[C320-list] stern line

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 22:03:59 PDT 2013

Following the lead of a couple of fellow cruisers in a variety of boats,
we've attached an inexpensive garden hose reel (one of the simpler ones
with a hand crank) to a plywood board and then mounted the board with SS
u-bolts to the stbd stern pulpit (becuse the first mate is right handed).
 We're in the process of migrating the existing reel from our old Grampian
28 to our C320 so haven't used it as yet but it worked well on the other
boat.  I don't think we've been able to get more than 400 yds of polypro on
it, which means 200 yds to a shore tie-up since you always want to do a
loop so you don't have to go ashore to release things.

gene

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"You noticed nobody gives a damn about beached minnows."