[C320-list] Air Conditioning

Ben Cares bcares at caresphotoarts.com
Wed Jun 5 09:09:25 PDT 2013

Installed a Flagship Marine unit from Stuart, FL in the aft starboard
locker. Ran 2 ducts on top of shelf in aft cabin, then built a false front
with a new shelf on top. Still leaves room for shirts, towels, etc. to be
stored on the shelf.  I ran 2 ducts this way . . . one to head and one to
salon. Then I ran a duct to aft cabin and one to galley over refrig.  With
the return by the head of person sleeping furthest aft in aft cabin, the
unit can be a bit noisy. Haven't solved that problem yet (just put unit in
at the end of last season). Also need to reduce air flow in head and aft
cabin to increase flow in salon.

Unit works great (could store a side of beef in the head right now
though!). A nice benefit of this unit is that it uses resistance heat,
which means I can run it on the hard in the winter season if I want to work
on the interior of the boat. Apparently, the US Coast Guard uses the system
on their 47' boats.

Right now I can run the AC and the microwave, lights, etc without having to
install a separate power supply for just the AC.

Ben Cares
Catch the Wind #37
Erie, PA

--