[C320-list] Solar Install

RC - Compass Marine Services compassmarineservices at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 14:00:07 PDT 2013

For what you want to do this is very likely going to require a fairly large
array, 200 +/- watts plus a controller and some large wire...

First you really ought to install a battery monitor such as the Victron
BMV-600 so you have a good idea of your average daily consumption. Without
knowing that you are playing pin the tail on theDonky or shooting darts
blindfolded. You can very easily spend more than the money of a battery
monitor in an over or under-designed system because you did not know what
you were designing to or for.

Once you know your average daily consumption in Ah you can design a system
that will fully meet your demands, slightly exceed your demands, which
means actual recharging + use, or under-designed which means it supplements
a portion but you'll still need to run the engine every so often.

-RC

Feel free to read this: Installing A Marine Solar
Panel<http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/solar_panel>

--
-RC