[C320-list] halyard/topping lift

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Sun Mar 3 17:59:31 PST 2013

Warren-I suspect there is something wrong with the spring in your solid
vang.  It doesn't seem logical that a solid vang would be installed if it
did not support the boom.  Catalina could save money by just installing a
block and tackle vang for the same result.  If it is Gauhauer equipment,
call them.  They are good on customer service and could likely tell you what
parts to order and how to fix the vang or maybe how to make adjustments to
increase loading on the spring.  I'm shrink wrapped and under snow and not
able to check out my solid vang to see if there is some adjustment mechanism
on it.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894 (2002)