[C320-list] Wind cable connector

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:08:50 PDT 2013

Jeff, I had this problem too.  I used an European style connector that is a
strip of screw-down connectors like a terminal strip, very small.  You may
cut it to contain the number of connections you need.  Here is a link to one
such item: www.te.com/catalog/feat/en/c/16696?BML=10576,17844.  I'm not
recommending that you buy it here. This is just an example.  I got it at a
local electronic parts store along with a small "project box."  The project
box is a small plastic box with screw closures. It's just big enough for the
connector.  I drilled holes through the box for the wire in and on the other
end for the wire out.  Once the wires were pulled I secured them inside the
box with a small wire tie to prevent strain on the connections.  Once done,
the box and the wires can be sealed with silicone.

If you don't have access to the parts, I can get them locally and send them
to you.  The box and connector will be less than $10.  E-mail me off-list if
you want.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"