[C320-list] Stuffing Box Nut

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 13:34:59 PDT 2013

Jason - we had too much stuffing in ours and had to remove the last
ring to engage the nut.  After we compressed the other two rings, we
were able to add the third one.  If not, you can add a ring of one
size smaller packing and change it out later when the packing has run
in.

Note you may have not removed all the old packing prior to adding the
new.  If you used the clay type dripless packing ($50-60 kit), it's
easy to get too much of the clay between the front and back packing
rings.

Pat - 801