[C320-list] Stuffing Box Nut

GREG SUTTON sutt47 at msn.com
Sat Mar 23 18:24:34 PDT 2013

I had a similar problem.  I ended up pulling back the shaft so I could slide the nut off for a greater inspection.  It ended up that at least one ring of the old packing was still in the nut and was so hard it looked like part of the nut it's self.  After a little prying it came out and the nut fit with the new packing.